Other side effects of CoQ10
Besides the few side effects mentioned in the video, I have compiled a list of side effects reported by people who are taking CoQ10 supplements below. The following list was created by going through hundreds of reviews from users of CoQ10 supplements, articles and books on CoQ10.
A resource list will be put up soon if you are interested in going through the material yourself. I will also add on to/improve the list on an ongoing basis.
- Lightheadedness and fatigue
- Stomach pain and diarrhea
- Rashes and itching
- No noticeable benefit
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower blood sugar
What causes these side effects?
If CoQ10 is a substance that is freely available in our bodies and in food, why does taking supplements result in unwanted side effects? It’s important to note that these symptoms may not be caused directly by the Coenzyme Q10 itself and may be due to other factors. The following are a few possible reasons:
- Incorrect or very high CoQ10 dosage
- Allergic reactions to additives in supplements
- Not seeing any benefits because the CoQ10 has not been taken for a sufficient amount of time